We're looking for a...
This position is responsible for providing firmware engineering expertise and support to projects and clients in our Seattle and San Francisco offices.
- Architect firmware for embedded systems
- Work at all levels of the stack, from application to drivers
- Develop system technologies, such as data management and transport
- Implement user interfaces
- Collaboration and communication with others across disciplines, companies, and skill levels
- Represent Igor Institute with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Build and maintain rapport with new and repeat clients
- Participate in project scoping and planning
- Contribute to hardware architecture and product definition
- Meet and exceed client and partner expectations
- Deliver high quality results on schedule and within budget
- Contribute to the growth of the business through evangelism and network outreach
- Lead NPI efforts on site at International ODM facilities
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or comparable skill
- 5+ years professional experience working in bare metal and RTOS environments in C or C++ with embedded systems
- Proven strong coding skill
- Proven strong understanding of software design - technology, methods and approaches
- Experience with relevant technologies, such as wireless technologies, ARM processor cores, hardware debug, small footprint software design, ultra-low power systems
- Familiarity with consumer electronics design, development, engineering, and manufacturing processes
- Experience working with embedded operating systems, such as Linux or Android
- Experience working on OS drivers
- Experience developing test and development tools for working with HW
- Experience developing mobile apps on iOS or Android
Full-time. Salary/compensation DOE.
We offer all of our employees comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, quarterly profit sharing, and a competitive employer matched retirement plan.
Please email us your resume/CV along with cover letter to igor+jobs @ igorinstitute.com